Thursday, October 18, 2012

Story Teller


It is a only a very small handful of photographers that know how to spin spell-binding yarns with their images; amongst these few is - without a shadow of doubt - Tim Walker.
In tandem with the launch of his new book, London's Somerset House is presenting us with an exhibition, both with the more-than-appropriate title "Story Teller". I was lucky enough to have been able to attend the preview and let me tell you this: both book and exhibition are amazing. 
Upon entering the East Wing Galleries of Somerset House I found myself plunged into the surreal, but so often sensitive and thoughtful, visual worlds that Tim Walker has created. With little text, the exhibition is all about letting image speak for itself. I can only recommend you run there as soon as possibly you can,  in order for you to see and experience Tim Walker's fairytales for yourself.

Ginger    

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have to swim since I am in New York, but this image is arresting!

    Ali of:

    www.aliandang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,amazing photo!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete