Monday, August 6, 2012

SixLee

When it comes to suits, I find donning perfectly tailored suits extremely difficult in terms of originality. The strict uniform that suits can sometimes look like  doesn't appeal to me. However, in a neverending search for innovative menswear, I am more than glad to have stumbled across SixLee, whose designs play with destructuralised suits, all whilst respecting the refined tailored aspect of suiting.

More than anything I respect the way in which he masters the architecture of the suit - even though he removes panels and creates depth by overlapping the various layers - the structure and strong shape remains intact. His work with the McQueen Household can only have emphasized his penchant for sharp tailoring.





With a stunning video to introduce the ss2012 collection, I can't wait to hopefully go and inspect his work at some point along the line.


Patrick

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is such an innovative and modern collection! I like it!


    WhiteCloset
    Twitter
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete