Friday, September 23, 2011

JHB x GI




One of the LFW invites to be sent out to me was one for the JHB x GI presentation. 
I turned up to find it located in the Old Curiosity Shop. In this tiny, crooked building James Hamilton Butler & Georgie Ichikawa (wearing their own printed T-shirts & cola in hand) couldn't have given me a warmer welcome and I got to rest my oh-so-sore feet whilst they ran me through their collaboration.
With a strong Japanese influence the womenswear garments hang elegantly due to engineered pattern-cutting, which, both accentuates and is accentuated by the prints. Careful construction & fun designs go hand-in-hand for what are, in my opinion, some pretty cool pieces. 

Ginger

2 comments:

  1. loving the picture of the shoes- so artsay

    FRASSY

    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. We'd love to see the results of their collaboration too. The shoes are pretty cool!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    Shop: www.saboskirt.com
    Blog: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete