Sunday, April 17, 2011

Move Over Skinny Jeans

The much proclaimed trouser-era is most certainly upon us & the long, voluminous lengths, which started with skirts & dresses, have now also moved into the trouser-realm.
 Haider Ackermann has made them ultra-feminine, Dsquared2 has opted for masculine by playing on the suit, whereas Celine has gone for summery-casual. And they are but examples of how the trouser has been taken up be designers.


photos from Style.com
My one criteria would be that the trousers have to touch the ground - if you've got that much volume going on, then it has to be balanced out by length.
So are we ready to accept trousers, as big & bold as they could possibly get?

Ginger

7 comments:

  1. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the wide/long trouser but i find it a bit picky and discriminatory, in the sense that not everyone will be able to pull it off. i'd like to see someone of a smaller stature try and succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We welcome the return of the trouser! hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to see how different women wear their trousers down to the ground due to the length.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that womens suite!
    Something I would wear!


    www.louiscrtv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice illustration! I'm all about voluminous trousers. I love that the trend is gaining momentum. Recently, I saw a pair of Escada pleated pants that touch the ground. I may have to go back for them. xx from Soleil

    http://sharpthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly am ready! I just need to find some now... If only I could own that stunning jumpsuit! That is so amazing..

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete