Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Roll Out The Hats



We were lamenting the lack of hats recently and the absence of opportunities and excuses to wear them. I don't do hats, no way, as it is I skim most doorways with the top of my head so adding on extra centimetres just doesn't work. Plus guys and hats generally go wrong (images of Dior menswear fw 2011-2012 come to mind). But the campaigns for ss 2011 womenswear definitely sport some vast hats. And lots of colour too, so it's going right out there with the excentric beacon of colour on your head.


Marc Jacobs and Prada


Vivienne Westwood Red Label

Patrick

8 comments:

  1. i absolutely need some fun hats for spring! vintage perhaps :) xo

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to hat! and I love that sketch. Very cool!
    Great post, thanks for sharing!
    toppedoffwitharedhat.blogspot.com
    xoxo, Amanda Archambault
    follow me if you want and I'll follow you back

    check out my new post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Prada hats were great in their collection. Loving the sketch too.

    Lee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog! Glad I came across it

    http://hiddengemtravel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make any day a bold one with these ~

    www.jcnycollection.com
    NYC Fashion Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog! I like the selection of photography...

    http://wtb-whatevertomorrowbrings.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prada always does the trick. No matter my initial reaction to their collections, I always end up supporting it. I just don't do hats, I can never find the right one that won't look odd on me :/

    Might I ask who drew the first picture? I really admire it !

    Cheers,
    f ashioncont a gious

    ReplyDelete
  8. - Ling Ling - I (Patrick) did the hat drawing. Thanks for the comment, really appreciated!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete