Thursday, December 2, 2010

Coup de coeur for Carven

I’ve just had a browse on the Carven website & absolutely love the clothes, especially the Winter 2010 ones with their collars & the belted look…



I’m not usually a fan of the whole camel thing, but this is an exception considering most of the season's clothes are based around it. Each outfit has a kind of old-fashioned feel, but with a new twist – those gloves, or the leather jacket being the most obvious example, but even on a more subtle scale with the ruche. And it’s not just the clothes; I also like the ads. I love the way there is a shift of our gaze away from the model's face to the clothes themselves, just by hiding the eyes.


Carven used to be a haute-couture label, but is now going down a prĂȘt-a-porter line with the new creative director, Guillaume Henry (who used to be Ricardo Tisci's assistant).
Verdict: very classy.
Ginger

3 comments:

  1. The coat is beautiful...I'm not very fond of camel either and this year I've decided to go camel...
    nice post!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the third look!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard of this label. Must go and investigate immediately!

    http://www.girlalamode.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete