Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lanvin for H&M

H&M is, without a shimmer of doubt, my favourite high-street shop. And Alber Elbaz's work for Lanvin is just impressive. So I was very excited to find out that H&M's next colaboration would be with him. All the more so when I saw the video for it:



There is only one word to describe this video: fun.
I love the fact that they aren't taking themselves too seriously. I think there's been a tendency to do that with the recent fashion films (such as Pringle of Scotland's one starring Tilda Swinton), which then border on the pretentious. Instead you've got weird situations, speech-bubbles & ketchup making it surreal but so much fun.
Plus the clothes are just gorgeous - you can really see the Lanvin in them. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the shops from the 23rd of November!
Anyway, should there be any H&M-haters out there, I'd imagine this should be enough to get them vaguely interested, because I'd say this is one of their best colaborations yet. 

 Ginger.

1 comment:

  1. BEST COLLAB EVEEER!

    Puck // oneofpoints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete