Saturday, October 23, 2010

The White Shirt


Until recently I had always dismissed white shirts as very formal and somewhat boring items of clothing. I've now completely changed my mind and love wearing white shirts - there is so much you can do with them, for the very reason that white brings neutrality, something that you can either keep simple or build on.
I completely understand where Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana were coming from with their Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2011 womenswear collection ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYn_Ka6UMNg ) using only black & white. I'm not a fan of black & white together, but on their own they can be so powerful - you only have to look at the Dolce & Gabbana finale to see what I mean. 
With a white shirt you can't hide behind the colour or the print: the shirt becomes the centre-piece, in all its simplicity.

Ginger   


4 comments:

  1. such a great sketch :)
    and agree! i have at least three in my wardrobe as of last month :)
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Would love for you to enter our PRADA Giveaway

    http://www.frontrowmode.com/2010/09/frms-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete