Friday, September 17, 2010

Burberry Prorsum & Khaki Green

With the Burberry Prorsum 2011 Spring/Summer womenswear show coming up next week, I felt it would be fitting to dedicate a post to last year's collection. I'm a great admirer of Christopher Bailey's work (who isn't?) at Burberry, and thought the Autumn/Winter 2010 clothes were stunning.

There's so much coherency within one collection, whilst managing to be far from boring. For example, there are a variety of colours going on, yet they don't break the unity.  
I also find it incredibly interesting that the womenswear and menswear compliment each other. It gives a strong message, and at the same time brings the women and men's separate fashion worlds closer together. I don't always pay much attention to menswear, but Burberry is an exception for those very reasons. 
It just all makes sense.


I'm very curious to see what Christopher Bailey will be giving us to feast our eyes on this time. Meanwhile though, I have now also equiped myself with some khaki garments. And trust me, it is pleasure that I did so, as it is a colour perfectly suited to a ginger! 


Ginger

5 comments:

  1. loving the photos, good inspiration!
    thanks for sharing as always
    i'll be back to see more from you
    come visit COSMICaroline!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first dress is a killer

    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if you like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this collection stole my heart. i wish i could afford it!

    ReplyDelete